The Saucony Ride 9 is a neutral trainer sitting right between the Kinvara 7, a racer trainer, and the Triumph ISO 2, a "premium" trainer. It magnificently perches at the balance point between speed shoe and trainer with
- light enough weight, 9.2 oz/261 grams, men's US 9
- stable, just firm enough heel and a forgiving but not mushy forefoot
- responsive cushioning including a thin top sole of TPU based Everun.
- the chevron based forefoot outsole, Tri-Flex, provides plenty of durabilities and has a long, very smooth flex in transition
- superb any speed and distance and performance except maybe for speedy runners at 10K and below